What is the purpose of category called "Passwords"

My Vault shows a total of 231 items. 166 of which are Logins, 1 is "Identities" and the remaining 64 are classified as "Passwords". All 64 of those items just show an icon resembling a key and are all tied to login in accounts. Some of them also appeared in the "Reused Password" grouping. As a test, I deleted them from the "Reused Password" by moving them to Trash with no apparent issue. If they serve no purpose, would there be any harm in just moving them to "trash".

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:what is purpose of category called passwords

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

@BobArch2 If you copy a password from the 1Password Mini password generator then it gets saved as a password item to avoid it being lost. If you subsequently edit the password item then you can convert it to a login item, but you may already have saved that password as a login item.
    I would move to trash the password items which appear to be duplicates of login items. I would hang on to any others until I was sure that I didn't need them.

• BobArch2
    BobArch2
    Community Member

@missingbits That makes sense! I also keep a spreadsheet of my accounts with all of 1Password's information along with other pertinent support/use information. When changing an account's password using the mini-generator, I copy that information to the spreadsheet before changing the site information. Thus duplicating the "Password" feature you mention. If it wasn't for the extra information in my spreadsheet, I could eliminate that extra step. I will accept your suggestion of checking the login and "key" passwords to ensure they are duplicates before moving the "key" item to Trash. Thanks again for the explanation!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Let us know if you have any other questions @BobArch2 :+1:

This discussion has been closed.