Tag search is archaic and clunky

Eze
Eze
Community Member

I am loving most all of 1Password and how it keeps me and my data safe. I am sure there is a good place for feature requests, but also want the community to weigh in. Using Tags is a great way to group and find passwords etc. It is not a good way to find stuff if you have to scroll through countless tags to find the one you want. I see the wisdom in making the main search dialogue stick to the name given to saved items, it could be confusing with tags added to this search. That leaves the clumsy, long, and inefficient steps of 1. Clicking on the caret in the search dialogue window 2. Clicking on "show search options" 3. Clicking on "Title" to show the options dropdown menu. 4. Navigating to "Tags" and clicking on it 5. Noticing that the small text dialogue to the right of the "begins with drop down" is actually where you enter your query instead of the large search dialogue beneath it. 6. Typing your query. I would like to search by tags a lot. All these steps must be repeated for every search. I don't think having another search dialogue labeled "Search by Tag" over or under the "Search xxx Vault" dialogue would be overly burdensome to add to 1password. Great to have tags available, bad not to be able search by them easily. Comments... Solution?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Eze!

Thank you for the suggestion! At the moment using the advanced search options is the only way to use tags as part of the search, but perhaps we can consider improvements in this area for a future update :+1:

• Eze
    Eze
    Community Member

Thanks AG_ana. I think that 1Password is the best on the market right now, however this is a big deal to me and I think for others that have large collections of passwords.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @Eze :+1:

This discussion has been closed.