Synchronize all my password from a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T to 1Password

gaia_bonacci
gaia_bonacci
Community Member

I've just created my family account on 1Password and I'm trying to sync all the password around my 2 Apple Macbook and my phone, a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8T. I've just added a few passwords from the CSV file downloaded from Chrome in one of the 2 Macbook. I can't find a way to sync all the existing password from my phone to 1Password, I've found only a "Synchronize" on the 3dots menu but when I tap on that nothing happens.

I have to download a CSV file from the settings menu of the phone or what?
Somewhere I read something about Dropbox but didn't understand what to do.

Android version: 9PKQ1
MIUI Version: MIUI Global 11.0.11

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.7.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MIUI Global 11.0.11
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync xiaomi

Comments

• ag_audrey
    edited April 2021

Hey @gaia_bonacci, welcome to the Forum!

Your first step will be to import your existing data using the CSV file: https://support.1password.com/import-1password-com/.

Once you've successfully imported your data, you should see all of your data within your Mac and Android apps!

Let me know how that goes :)

• gaia_bonacci
    gaia_bonacci
    Community Member

Hey @ag_audrey, thanks for your reply!

I'm going to import all my data from my browsers and other password managers, and it's quite clear to me how to do that from a computer. My question it's about the phone: how can I synchronise all existing passwords within my phone with 1Password?

Let me know if it's more clear right now, thanks to everybody who will reply :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@gaia_bonacci:

Are your passwords stored in a specific app on your Android device? Or are they stored "in the operating system"?

• gaia_bonacci
    gaia_bonacci
    Community Member

Definitely in the operating system :)

• @gaia_bonacci 1Password for Android doesn't support importing from other password managers. But if you can get those passwords from your system into a CSV file, you can import them on your computer.

Can you elaborate on how the passwords are saved on your phone?

This discussion has been closed.