Both mobile app and website for the same service

mvsjes2
mvsjes2
Community Member

I am new to 1p. I'm sure there is a simple answer but I haven't been able to find it yet. When you have a website and corresponding mobile app for the same service, is it possible to use a shared login item for both? I've ended up with one item for the mobile app and one for the website, but it's the same service and same login credentials. How can I merge these into one item?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mvsjes2!

Yes, you can use a single login for these :+1:

I've ended up with one item for the mobile app and one for the website, but it's the same service and same login credentials.

Are these items exact duplicates, or are there any differences? I am assuming that the only difference is in the website field, in which case you could just add both website URLs to one of the items, and delete the other.

• mvsjes2
    mvsjes2
    Community Member

OK, I copied the website field to the mobile item, and deleted the original website item, and it seems to be working on both now. I think what threw me off was on the mobile app, it wouldn't present the website item as an option, and vice versa. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @mvsjes2! I am glad I could help :)

I think what threw me off was on the mobile app, it wouldn't present the website item as an option, and vice versa.

Indeed, if you kept them separate, one login would only work in the app, and the other on the website :+1:

This discussion has been closed.