1Password App behavior on ultra-widescreen monitors.

Options
voydz
voydz
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

Hey there,

after getting to work with a 32:9 aspect ratio monitor I noticed some strange behavior in the sizing of some 1Password app windows. It seems that 1Password uses the resolution of the monitor to calculate its window sizes in some way. So 1Password windows in general seem to be very streched-out in horizontal orientation (following the screen ratio) and sometime content is even cut off at the bottom forcing me to scroll when there is enough screen estate.

This does affect every window in the password save and auto-fill workflow (app and browser extension). This is somewhat frustrating sometimes. I tried resizing those windows but the new size is not saved. Next time the window pops up its back to its weird size.
The main 1Password vault window and the config panels seem to not be affected by this.

Anyone else noticing this?

I see this as a feature request. I hope it is the right place to put here. Keep up the otherwise awesome work.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• voydz
    voydz
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Example

Right after writing this I managed to pop a 1Password window which shows the problem. I guess some visualization gets the point across a bit better. Notice how the window is unnecessarily wide.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @voydz!

I don't have an ultra wide screen to test this, so I have asked for the team to double check this for you :+1:

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hi @voydz

I'm not seeing this window as abnormally wide on my ultrawide monitor. Do you have any vaults with names long enough to necessitate the window being that wide to show them? The window will intentionally stretch to accommodate showing the names of the items in the dropdown.

Please let us know. :)

Ben

• voydz
    voydz
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

Will check that asap.

Thanks in advance :)

• On behalf of Ben, you're welcome.

• voydz
    voydz
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

So I checked and there are no exceptionally "long entries" in my vault.

I can totally see it being very subtle on a widescreen 21:9 monitor, to the point it is not even noticeable. But see: I am using a 32:9 one. The effect is noticed when one realizes how unfavorable the given space is used by those 1Password interfaces in relation to the available screen space. I can not really express what I am experiencing, I am afraid. :sweat: And I am sorry to take your time with such a minor thing, but it is something which just bothers me in the otherwise seamless 1Password experience.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@voydz:

Thank you for the update! I have reached out to the developers to see if they have any other ideas :+1:

This discussion has been closed.