To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I’m trying to decide… will 1Password work with…

Options
SkriptedKhaos
SkriptedKhaos
Community Member

I have an iPhone X, moto e6(the cheap no contract kind), a cheap tablet with preinstalled Walmart apps called “surf onn. Tablet Gen 2 with Android”(7” screen) that many apps claim they may not be fully supported on, a Kindle Fire HD 8 (7th generation I think), and an old HP Pavilion g series running Windows 7 from years ago that I barely have ever used but it’s the only computer I have that works (I have an older Dell that broke, but I don’t know if it would ever even load back up SECURELY since I haven’t used it in 10-11 years… and desktops that my mom stored in the garage and dropped her stupid holiday glitter onto the ventilation side, so I don’t think I’ll ever be able to retrieve my stuff from those… I just keep everything if I can help it cuz I’m paranoid AND I have important memories on them all).

Will 1Password work for me on these devices? Also what about Fire TV stick?

I WOULD include my parents’ devices because they REALLY need this but are insanely ADAMANT that all this is “too confusing” and will “mess up” their stuff (meaning their logins which they never remember anyway and spend hours thumbing through notebooks, and day planners, that are falling apart and only have partial/many times incorrect passwords that are horribly sad and not secure), and that they are paying for too many subscriptions already. They probably would screw something up with the account anyway somehow. I try to put whatever passwords of theirs I can safely into my OLD airlocked ipad (with AMAZING battery life still… months on one charge if it’s mainly on standby) but old dogs & new tricks ya know 🤦🏻‍♂️

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SkriptedKhaos!

1Password will work for sure on your iPhone X, and it might work on your Android devices, depending on what version of Android they run. You can find the details here:

System requirements for 1Password

1Password on Windows requires at least Windows 10, and Fire TVs or Fire tablets are not supported since they run a special version of Android.

• SkriptedKhaos
    SkriptedKhaos
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I’ve been “hinting” to family that I’d like to have a Surface Pro computer. Does it work well on those (or any Surface type computer since I usually get a lesser priced version of anything I hint for… if at all)?

I’m considering just using the HP laptop as an airlocked computer to view memory card files of pics/videos from various cameras I’ve accumulated those files on over the years. It’s still in great condition but would probably struggle to run the newer version of Windows and everything else on. I prefer being able to view and rearrange my media between memory cards, CDs, & DVDs on a computer that doesn’t have the risk of internet interference/viruses.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@SkriptedKhaos:

1Password does indeed work well on a Surface Pro :) As long as it is running Windows 10, you are good to go.

Why 1Password excels on the new Surface Pro - 1Password Blog

It’s still in great condition but would probably struggle to run the newer version of Windows and everything else on. I prefer being able to view and rearrange my media between memory cards, CDs, & DVDs on a computer that doesn’t have the risk of internet interference/viruses.

I understand. If this computer is running such an old version of Windows, it is probably a good idea to keep it protected like this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.