Can we get digits and symbols in passphrases please.

DatMoron
DatMoron
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Lounge

There are no options to use symbols ( #!?$& etc. ) and digits ( 12345 ) in a passphrase.
The options that are already there are great, but it would be really great to get the option to use symbols and digits as well.
So it keeps the dashes and adds the above to the words. Example: HELLO-with23-you!-there#
I know you can change the separator to digits and symbols, but then the dashes are removed.

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: Windows 10_20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Zaka7
    Zaka7
    Community Member

@DatMoron It's not really a passphrase and against the point of it if you were to introduce symbols and numbers. You'd be better off just using the random password option and increasing the digits if that's the sort of thing you want to see.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @DatMoron!

I know you can change the separator to digits and symbols, but then the dashes are removed.

Using digits and symbols as separator however, you still get symbols in the passphrase though. Are you looking to have dashes explicitly, rather than other symbols?

• DatMoron
    DatMoron
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

@ag_ana

Are you looking to have dashes explicitly, rather than other symbols?

I would like to use them all. To have dashes as separators, and add digits and symbols to the words.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@DatMoron:

Understood, I will pass your feedback to the developers :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#28

• DatMoron
    DatMoron
    Community Member

@ag_ana
    Thank you very much :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

• JakeOne
    JakeOne
    Community Member

That option is already in the Android app available, but not in the desktop or browser app.
    I'm also very interested in having this option in all apps because I prefer readable passwords.
    Additionally, instead of setting the amount of words it would be better to set the total characters

• @JakeOne

I'll be happy to pass along your comments. Thank you for sharing them with us.

This discussion has been closed.