New login creation different / windows app vs phone app

Options
JD_Courtney
JD_Courtney
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I am using 1password on my iPhone using the iOS app, I can tap the plus icon in the logins category and it brings up a long list of sites to choose from. When I select one of those, all that I have to do is type in my account name and password and everything else is auto-filled for me.

Now, when I am using 1password in the browser or in the Windows app and I click on the plus icon to make a new login, I have to fill everything in manually even the logo picture.

This is a really big pain. Am I missing something, or is this just the way it is?

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @JD_Courtney , welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉

Currently, the templates for new entries are only available on iOS - sorry about that! That being said, when using 1Password on a desktop device I would suggest saving items in your browser - with 1Password in your browser, it will detect when you've signed into an online account (Instragram, Spotify, Amazon, and similar) and automatically offer to save the credentials in a new entry with all the relevant details, including a Rich Icon if one is available. You can learn more about saving entries in your browser here: https://support.1password.com/save-fill-passwords/

• JD_Courtney
    JD_Courtney
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very much. This has made the process so much easier. However, might I suggest that the web app in the future be given the same auto-fill type of feature like the iOS app.

Either way, thank you for your help

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021
    Options

On behalf of Dayton, you're welcome. Enjoy the weekend!

This discussion has been closed.