How to know when there's an open spot to test Beta

Kakkoister2
Kakkoister2
Community Member

Hi,

I was interested in testing 1 Password beta, but test flight says the beta is full. Anyway I can be notified of an open spot?

Thanks!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I had the same problem when clicking the link on my Windows computer. Every time I tried to join the message appeared that there are no slots available. After installing the Testflight app on my iPhone and clicking the link to join the app opened, and I was able to join.

Maybe you should try this too?

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@DenalB Thanks for the info, I tried using the link from where it explains how to join the Beta, but is full as well

• @tomatoshadow2

The best approach is to keep trying. I am not aware of any notifications for available spots. That said, the development team reviews the list from time to time and makes changes as needed. Keep an ever-watchful eye out. :wink:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

@tomatoshadow2
    Then it was luck I got a free slot. So keep trying! 👍

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed :)

• @tomatoshadow2

Now would be a good time to check. :wink:

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Yes thanks, I obtained a spot, thanks for the help! When I get a new iPhone, I won't lose my spot for the beta build correct?

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021

@tomatoshadow2

Nope, once you're subscribed to Testflight and the beta builds you can then move phones when that happens. Been there done that one. :)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@ag_tommy Awesome thanks for the info and by just always downloading a new build keeps my testing spot active for me?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Yes, it does, @tomatoshadow2 . 😉

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Indeed @tomatoshadow2, that's correct :)

• @tomatoshadow2,

All that said, I did prune 500 people who either had accepted but never installed or installed an old version but didn't continue updating. So anyone that didn't install a version at all in 2020 got lopped off the list.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @rudy ! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

:+1: :)

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member

@rudy Well I really appreciate you opening up a spot for me!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

• Kakkoister2
    Kakkoister2
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

@ag_ana Is there ever a time, where a beta won't be released, where I would have to use the release version, or does that all depend?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tomatoshadow2:

If you are on the beta channel, you will be prompted to keep updating in the beta channel. I think only if a beta expires, you would temporarily use the stable version until a new beta is released.

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member

Watching this thread! :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @igeneo !

I left the beta channel on iOS. So maybe there should be one free slot left now... ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

• igeneo
    igeneo
    Community Member

Missed ;(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am sure new spots will open up again :)

• onlydole
    onlydole
    Community Member

Howdy, team! Is there any frequency or cadence of when TestFlight users get pruned?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@onlydole:

There isn't a fixed schedule, because unless I am mistaken, one of our developers has to manually clean up the list every now and then.

This discussion has been closed.