I keep having to sign in to 1Pass on my home PC. Is there some way I can keep signed in?

hankf
hankf
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I keep having to sign in to 1Pass on my home PC. Is there some way I can keep signed in?

1Pass keeps timing out and I have to repeat signing in with my master password. It's annoying. This is my home computer and there is no issue with security.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I keep having to sign in to 1Pass on my home PC. Is there a way I can keep signed in?

Comments

• Hey there @hankf - great question! It's not possible to set 1Password to stay unlocked permanently, but you can adjust how quickly 1Password will lock automatically. With 1Password unlocked:

1. Click 1Password in the toolbar at the top of the app, and click Settings from the dropdown menu.
    2. Switch to the Security tab.
    3. Adjust the settings under the Auto-lock heading according to your preference.
  • DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @hankf!

Here is a screenshot from my settings in the Windows desktop app.

With these settings I only have to unlock 1Password when locking my computer or shutting it down / doing a restart. That works perfect for me. ;)

• Thanks for sharing that screenshot, @DenalB! :+1:

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

:+1:

• hankf
    hankf
    Community Member

Sorry, a little more help please. I use 1Password as a add-on to Firefox. I don't use the Win10 app. Looking at the App Store there are many apps that look just like yours (I'm sure it's on purpose.) How can I tell which on is authentic? Can you send me a link?
    hankf

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@hankf:

You can find all our official download links on our downloads page:

Get 1Password in your browser

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I use 1Password as a add-on to Firefox. I don't use the Win10 app.

We thought that you use the Windows desktop app because you created your discussion here in the "Windows" category... Sorry. :(

Can you send me a link?

If you don't want to be locked out when closing the browser you actually have to use the classic extension. But for using this extension you also need the Windows desktop app.

If you have further questions just ask. ;)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional information :+1:

• vahdyx
    vahdyx
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

I don't know about Firefox, but in Chrome you can use https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/lightning-reopen/ahphokgmcecbjeipkfkamcdmemghkaph?hl=en this extension to keep Chrome open in the background. Honestly the 1Password browser extension should do this (by this I mean keep Chrome open in background )natively like other extensions (i.e. Dropbox, Todoist, etc.) but instead you can basically ignore any time out settings as once you close the browser it logs you out.

To work around that use that extension or another like Todoist or Dropbox and it'll keep, in the case of Chrome, the browser open in the background. This way 1Password ACTUALLY listens to the time out feature.

It's a limitation 1Password has, Bitwarden, Dashlane, Roboform, and Lastpass don't have this limitation.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Thanks @vahdyx ! :+1:

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the additional info and suggestion! Keep in mind that we do not know that Lightning Reopen extension and can't recommend it, so stay vigilant :)

This discussion has been closed.