"(deleted item)" when trying to create a Document

2»

Comments

• rpetty
    rpetty
    Community Member

Is this bug scheduled to be addressed and fixed? Is there an ETA?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rpetty:

Our developers plan to address this, but there is currently no fixed ETA, sorry! Hopefully it will come in one of the next updates however :)

• david_d
    david_d
    Community Member

Just hit this problem with my older parents who are trying patiently to learn 1Password. The workaround is an enormous pain -- hope this will be fixed soon.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know, I have passed your feedback to the developers too @david_d :+1:

ref: dev/apple/issues#4283

• JoshuaJMorgan
    JoshuaJMorgan
    Community Member

This bug has plagued me for a long time and it's frustrating that it still has not been addressed. It seems like it would be relatively simple for the Add New File process to set the added file to match the Vault of the item to which to new file is being attached. Or at the very least, there should be a prompt that warns the user, "the new file does not match the Vault of this item. Please change the Vault of the added file [filename so that the user can actually find the file] to match this item. The file will be listed as "(deleted item)" until the Vaults match".

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Got it @JoshuaJMorgan, noted :+1:

• D. Martin
    D. Martin
    Community Member

I just hit this bug. Is there any plan for fixing it?

• @D. Martin

I'm afraid I don't have any updates to share. It is still on our tracker.

• esetnik
    esetnik
    Community Member

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm still facing the same issue in v7.8.2. The workaround works but I tried 3 times before finding this thread.

• Hi @esetnik,

Thanks for letting us know, I've added you as affected as well.

• chris55
    chris55
    Community Member

I’ve had this many times, just assumed it was a bug waiting to be fixed. And didn’t know there was a workaround.

How as this not been fixed after nearly 2 years from the original post?!

This discussion has been closed.