1Password broken with Bank of America App

jetsoviet
jetsoviet
Community Member

I'm having trouble using 1Password with the Bank of America app on iOS. When I use AutoFill the "SIGN IN" button in the BoA app does not light up and is unclickable. In other words, I can't log in. When I try and copy the password from the 1Password app to the BoA app, the password does not show up in the password box and the "SIGN IN" is still un-clickable. In other words, 1Password is completely broken for BoA app under iOS. This is the first app I've tried and so far I'm disappointed with 1Password. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or how to fix this.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @jetsoviet

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community.

I don't believe you're doing anything wrong, but unfortunately I also don't believe this is something either of us can fix. It sounds like the BoA app is attempting to detect typing in the form fields, and doesn't activate the sign in button until that has happened. I wish I had more encouraging news, but that isn't something we can address on our end. BoA would need to modify the behavior of their app to instead check to see if the field has content, rather than explicitly looking for keystrokes. One possible workaround would be to put your cursor in the field after it is filled, hit a character, and then hit backspace to erase the entered character. With other systems I've seen that test for typing this is enough to trigger them to recognize that typing has happened and allow you to proceed.

Ben

• jetsoviet
    jetsoviet
    Community Member

I got it to work with copy/paste method. My password was too long. I don't know why BoA accepted a password that was too long to begin with but that's beside the point. Autofill works fine on my iPad. It's not really an issue now that I got the password in there because now I can use TouchID/FaceID.

Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @jetsoviet! I am glad to hear that you found a way to make this work :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.