We can't login the app.

Hi, We have a family account and mine works fine. But my wife has trouble logging into the app on her windows 10 machine. The browser extensions work fine and logging in 1password.com also works. But when she tries to login to the app we get a message: 'Your sign-in address, email address, Secret key, or Master Password is incorrect' .
When starting the app we first choose 'Sign in to 1password.com' . Then whe need to fill in a small form. we choose' Sczan setup Code > from my emergency kit. And choose the PDF she has downloaded form her 1password account on 1password.com.
then when we fill out her Master Password (tried it 100 times so no typo's there) we get the message.
How can we get around this?
We also tried using the Scan code from my screen, the form looks ok then (signinaddres, secret key etc. all look fine) but she can not log in to the app.

terribly frustrating thus far.
Hope someone can help us

1Password Version: 7.6.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: 1password.com

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@Lefthandmedia Have you tried logging-in to 1password.com and copying the sign-in address, Secret Key and Master Password from there?

• Lefthandmedia
    Lefthandmedia
    Community Member

Yes we tried that as well. And If that would have worked then the data in the Emergency Kit PDF one can download there would have deviating data. That would worry me even more.
    We still can not enter the App on windows

• @Lefthandmedia

Login to your account at 1Password.com and try adding the account while logged in there.

Click her account profile name in the upper right-hand corner.
    Click get the apps
    Select add your account directly.

• Lefthandmedia
    Lefthandmedia
    Community Member
    edited March 2021

@ag_tommy We tried that allready a few times as i explained in the initial question. We scanned the account details from the emergencyKit.PDF, form the QR code on screen, with a camera from a print. It all ends up with the same result. Apparently the login data (address, email address, Secret key) that are listed on the 1pasword.com account page are faulty somehow. The strange part is that we CAN login on the site (1password.com) with those details but NOT in the App. Or unlock the app with these details i should say. we are still trying to unlock the app for the first time.

• That's odd, I have never seen a problem with that route. It may be best to have you contact one of my colleagues and they can help you troubleshoot in greater detail. Please send us a support request using support@1password.com and we delve further in account specifics if needed.

• 1guyinOhio
    1guyinOhio
    Community Member

Any resolution on this. I'm having the exact same issue. And I've tried all the same steps.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1guyinOhio:

For confirmation, is this happening in the 1Password app or on the 1Password.com website?

• 1guyinOhio
    1guyinOhio
    Community Member

This issue is only on a single Windows 10 application. But I can login to the my.1password.com website on the same computer that is telling me "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect"

To test, I can however login on a different Windows 10 PC (application and web) in the house. I also have success on my Macbook (application/web) and my iPhone.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1guyinOhio:

If the credentials work on the website, and on the 1Password for Mac app, then it means that they are correct, so the issue is just with this Windows app, I am quite sure things would work on another Windows PC. Perhaps there is a previous configuration in this app that is causing this.

To check this, please try signing in again, and if you get the error message again, I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your PC and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• 1guyinOhio
    1guyinOhio
    Community Member

Sent the log (with a description) to the email you listed this Monday morning. No word back yet.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1guyinOhio:

Did you receive a ticket number already?

• 1guyinOhio
    1guyinOhio
    Community Member

Received the ticket this morning. [#QSB-43247-276]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@1guyinOhio:

Thank you! I see that you are already in touch with my colleague Greig via email, so I will let you continue the conversation over there :+1:

ref: QSB-43247-276

• jmjm
    jmjm
    Community Member

Hopefully "we" will hear back re the resolution of this issue.

• 1guyinOhio
    1guyinOhio
    Community Member

Whatever it is I'll post it.

• :smile: :+1:

• 1guyinOhio
    1guyinOhio
    Community Member

Update....

The support team and I went multiple rounds trying a dozen (not hyperbole) different options. Resetting network connections, unblocking apps and firewall ports, network adapters, fresh installs, booting in safe/network mode, and rolling back two previous versions. None of it worked.

It seems, for now, the team is stumped. As best we can tell something on my machine is blocking the communication from the app. So for the near future I'm relegated to using the browser version of the app only on that computer.

• Thanks for updating folks here @1guyinOhio

Our development team is still digging into this issue in an attempt to figure out where things are going wrong here for you. We will update you via email as soon as we have next steps lined up for us to take. 😊

• zzaibis
    zzaibis
    Community Member

Having the same issue, I logged out of my Windows 10 1P, removed previous data and config, cleaned 1P temp folder, restarted the app nothing seems to be working. Password and login working perfectly fine on browsers and other apps.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zzaibis:

Can you confirm the error message that you see when you try to login?

• zzaibis
    zzaibis
    Community Member

Hi there @ag_ana, I was getting the following error "Your sign-in address, email address, Secret key, or Master Password is incorrect" even after clearing app cache, resetting 1Password settings etc as advised on 1Password Community. But I don't know how after a while it fixed itself on its own. I have made sure a hundred times that my details are correct, but it just worked after some time. Thanks!

• I'm glad to hear it ended up resolving itself! That's certainly a relief. 😊

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with, we're here for you!

This discussion has been closed.