How do I move a login to a different vault using web extension app?

KazuT
KazuT
Community Member

I joined a new website using Firefox 87.0 on MacBook Pro Late 2015 OS 10.14.6. Signing up for this new website created a new login, but in the wrong vault. Can I move it to a different vault using the web extension app? Or do I have to do it using the Desktop app? Being able to do so using the web app would be helpful because I'm often on work computers and don't want to install the Desktop app on those work computers if I don't have to.

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: Firefox

Comments

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021

@KazuT

This should help. If you have any questions, we're close-at-hand.

To move or copy an item, open a vault and select an item. Then click the Share button and choose Move/Copy.

View and edit your items on 1Password.com

• KazuT
    KazuT
    Community Member

Within the web Firefox extension, how do I get to the screen you shared? This is what I have:

• @KazuT

Click the edit button. When the webpage opens up click cancel and then the option should be near the top of your screen.

• KazuT
    KazuT
    Community Member

When I click on the Edit button, this is what I get:

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021

Correct, click cancel in lower right-hand corner. Then you should see the movement options.

You could also visit 1Password.com and locate the item and then move it. I prefer this method as I am more desktop app orientated and it keeps me from hunting blindly on 1Password.com.

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Not exactly the most intuitive flow... "To move an item, click Edit, then Cancel, then Share and choose Move/Copy"!

But you 1P folks already know that. ☺️

In fact, this is one reason I don't have a family account yet. The discrepancy between the different apps and extensions would drive me up the wall support-wise when family members would be stuck trying to get something done.

• Not exactly the most intuitive flow...

That's very fair feedback, @MerryBit.

In fact, this is one reason I don't have a family account yet. The discrepancy between the different apps and extensions would drive me up the wall support-wise when family members would be stuck trying to get something done.

One of our big ongoing projects is to bring more consistency in theses areas. I hope to have more to share in this regard soon. 🤞

Ben

• MerryBit
    MerryBit
    Community Member

Yes, @Ben, I keep seeing little hints all over this place about "something big" being just around the corner as a response to all kinds of concerns and requests. I do wonder what it is you have in store for us and whether you're over-selling it, or maybe I'm just over-interpreting what you and your colleagues say. In any case, time will tell! :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@MerryBit:

More consistency between all of the client apps is definitely one of our main projects, and has been for a while already, so nothing new on that front :+1:

This discussion has been closed.