Create a new document from a photo on my iPhone

Options
bschlobohm
bschlobohm
Community Member

My goal here was to put my COVID-19 Vaccination card photo into 1P.
When I click on '+' in the Document category, I'm given the option to create the document from a range of places, starting with "Photo from Camera Roll". When I select that choice, I'm shown recent photos, yet I can't seem to select my photo. When I press and hold on the photo, there's a way to click on "select", but then there is no indication that photo was selected, and all I see on the top of that frame is "Cancel"... looking for a check mark in the selected photo and a "done" button in the upper right, but I don't see it.

1Password Version: 7.7.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.4.2 / iPhone 12 Pro
Sync Type: iPassword account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bschlobohm!

When I select that choice, I'm shown recent photos, yet I can't seem to select my photo. When I press and hold on the photo, there's a way to click on "select", but then there is no indication that photo was selected, and all I see on the top of that frame is "Cancel"...

When you open your list of photos, instead of pressing and holding, can you try just tapping on the photo you want to add to 1Password? It will be automatically added to a Document item in that case.

• bschlobohm
    bschlobohm
    Community Member
    Options

Just a tap on the photo in question didn't work, that's why I tried the press and hold method. When I tap a photo, I still see the option for "Cancel", and to select between Photos and Albums. All I can do at that point is cancel, or swipe up from the bottom, and get out of 1Password. I tried creating a screen shot movie, but I can't share it because it shows personal information on my card-photo. This screenshot (if this works), shows what I see at the top of the screen to select a photo. Seems like I'm missing something obvious. I eventually just used the desktop app instead. I was also able to create a new document by taking a photo from the iPhone camera.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bschlobohm:

I tried creating a screen shot movie, but I can't share it because it shows personal information on my card-photo.

If it's not too heavy, you can email it to us. Otherwise, you can upload it and share a link with us at support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can continue the conversation in private :+1:

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• bschlobohm
    bschlobohm
    Community Member
    Options

Support ID: [#BRI-74817-243]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bschlobohm:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: BRI-74817-243

• bschlobohm
    bschlobohm
    Community Member
    Options

Just to wrap this up - the problem was that 1P did not have permissions to access All Photos - but was set to "Select Photos". Making this change solved my problem. Thanks for the help!

1. Open your Settings on your iPhone (Not 1Password settings).
    2. Scroll down until you see 1Password and tap it.
    3. Here you should see "Photos". Please tap it.
    4. If not already set to "All Photos", please change this to "All Photos" and then try uploading your file from the camera roll again.
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @bschlobohm! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.