Watchtower not including custom templates

nwin
nwin
Community Member

Just investigating the beta of templates, and it seems that either in the browser or win10 version passwords or items that are custom templates are not included in the watchtower analysis

1Password Version: 7.6.7.793
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:watchtower

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nwin!

If you copy the password field from these custom items, and create a Login or Password item instead, what Watchtower warning do you get?

• nwin
    nwin
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

To test i used "password" to make sure it throws some warning, on the custom template it does nothing, the password field does give the "terrible" though.

And when you use that password in a Login type it gives a Vulnerable password banner. It also doesn't do anything for unsecured, weak, or reused when using a custom template, using url or password fields

@nwin

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the confirmation @nwin, I have asked the team to confirm if this is actually intended behavior at the moment, or if this is a bug :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nwin:

I have heard back, and after testing it looks like this is currently expected behavior: Watchtower only checks default categories at the moment. I think this might have something to do with the fact that custom categories are still a beta feature, so it's possible that this will change in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.