Shared vault between specific family members

Kabir
Kabir
Community Member

Can a family member (who is not an organiser) create a vault to share items with another member?
Let’s say I am the family organiser and my brother and his wife are members. Can my brother create a vault to share items with his wife? If not, can he do so if I make him an organiser?

On an unrelated topic, what’s the difference between copy and duplicate?

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Kabir!

I believe that you need to be a Family Organizer to manage vaults, including sharing them with others. If you are not an Organizer, you can only use vaults that have been shared with you.

If not, can he do so if I make him an organiser?

Yes, a Family Organizer can do everything in the Families account, including creating and sharing vaults :+1:

On an unrelated topic, what’s the difference between copy and duplicate?

If you can give me some more context of where you are seeing this exactly, I can take a look and let you know :)

• Kabir
    Kabir
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification.

If you can give me some more context of where you are seeing this exactly, I can take a look and let you know

• Kabir
    Kabir
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification.

If you can give me some more context of where you are seeing this exactly, I can take a look and let you know

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021

@Kabir:

Thank you! Move/Copy allows you to move or copy the selected item to a different vault in your account. Duplicate immediately creates a copy of the in the same vault the item is in instead.

• Kabir
    Kabir
    Community Member

Why would anyone want to create a duplicate in the same vault?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Kabir:

I personally use it when I want to create a new item with the same structure of an existing one (for example, to duplicate secure notes with a certain structure), without having to copy paste everything.

• Kabir
    Kabir
    Community Member

Got it, thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome @Kabir! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.