Only 1 of my vaults can be chosen when creating a token

srubben
srubben
Community Member

Hi,

I created the token and config file, and connected using the docker setup. It worked immediately, which was very, very nice!

However, I have one question: I have three vaults, but I could only choose one of them. Is there something I missed during the setup, or some permission I forget to set?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Carson_1P
    Carson_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi there!

The vaults shown when setting up Secrets Automation are filtered. We definitely should include these details in our documentation; thanks for asking here!

First, the Shared vault across all teammates isn't shown, because it may be unexpected to some of your teammates that its now available to non-human access.
    Additionally, vaults you have access to, but don't have the Manage permission on, can't be shown.

Are the two vaults you expected to be there in either of those cases?
    You can always add additional vaults to the integration, and then generate new tokens with access to those vaults. After creation, tokens are immutable, but you can always revoke them ahead of any planned expiry.

• srubben
    srubben
    Community Member

If I create a new vault, I can also pick that one. But the two other ones are not available in the list.

These were created a long time ago (v6 I think). I have another item in the community here about some very old items that gave errors (https://1password.community/discussion/95529/invalid-iv-in-the-message#latest). Just to show that it might be related to something that happened a long time ago. :)

Another thing that I noticed now, is that I cannot edit these two older vaults, but I can edit the newer ones. I can only change the icon for the older ones.

• srubben
    srubben
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

There is one that is shared among all, so that is normal then.

The other one is my Personal vault, so I thought that would be included then?

Edit:
    I noticed that my Personal vault says:

"This vault doesn’t have any permissions to edit."

So that might also be normal?

• Hi,

Personal vaults are also excluded for similar reasons to excluding the Shared vault in an effort to prevent unexpected access to Vault contents

• srubben
    srubben
    Community Member

Thanks for the clarification. I can easily move it to other vaults, so no problem at all.

This is extremely nice to work with. :-)

This discussion has been closed.