From zero to first GET request with successful response in 60 minutes! Well done, guys!

MerryBit
MerryBit
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Secrets Automation

I just set up Secrets Automation on my home laptop, going from not even having Docker installed to successfully making my first successful GET request in less than an hour:

$ curl -X GET -H "Authorization: Bearer eyJhbGci..." -H "Content-type: application/json" localhost:8080/v1/vaults
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 203 100 203 0 0 52 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 52[{"id":"f2c4...","name":"REDACTED","attributeVersion":1,"contentVersion":155,"items":13,"type":"USER_CREATED","createdAt":"2020-10-31T09:57:56Z","updatedAt":"2021-04-13T19:19:44Z"}]

This is just to say I couldn't have done it without your excellent documentation to get me started. Kudos to the whole team! I think SA is an excellent addition to the 1P suite of products and one that I can see many use cases for!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• That's awesome @MerryBit! We'd love to get that number down even lower though. The quicker we can get you up and running, the quicker you can start to build real things.

Thanks for taking the time to post this, and please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions we could answer.

Rick

• rohannagar
    rohannagar
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

I wanted to chime in and say well done as well! I got up and running very quickly, probably less than 15 minutes. I did noticed a small error in the API docs that I wanted to point out - in Response Object Models, the APIRequest object has a timestamp property. The description appears to be incorrect for this property (its a description for an error message).

https://support.1password.com/connect-api-reference/#apirequest-object

Oh yeah, also, the URL object "url" property is actually "href" it seems like.

• Thanks for that feedback! We will get that corrected

This discussion has been closed.