Is the whole login secret key necessary for Firefox?

Options
TomWolsky
TomWolsky
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have 1Password open and logged in. It works in Safari, but I'd like to get it to work in Firefox as well. Is it really necessary to do the whole log in secret key thing when the application is already logged in? I don't recall having to do this in Safari, or in previous installs of Firefox.

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.1.BETA-2 (70801002) 1Passw
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.3b8
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @TomWolsky!

Is it really necessary to do the whole log in secret key thing when the application is already logged in?

Only the first time you install the browser extension: afterwards you will be able to unlock it just with your Master Password, as usual :+1: The browser extension you downloaded is independent from the desktop app (it works even without the app installed), so you will need to login once there as well.

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Is Safari the same way? I don't recall having to do that; it just appeared after I install the 1Password application. Maybe it's something in the user library than carries over after a clean install, which isn't in Firefox?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomWolsky:

Safari works indeed a bit differently, since the 1Password for Mac app comes with the Safari extension by default ;)

• TomWolsky
    TomWolsky
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ana.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @TomWolsky! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.