2 Chrome profiles dont work the same way

Options
matbb
matbb
Community Member

Hi,

I have 2 profiles on chrome I use constantly. Since the last chrome update I had to rebuild my second chrome user profile and now 1password is not working the same.

I am on a mac, with 1password chrome version 4.7.5.90 but the one installed on the other chrome is 1.24.0. I dont know how this happen as the 1.24.0 is the last one installed. The first version works perfectly and accepts my fingerprint to unlock, the second version does not have that option and I have to type the password each time.

how to fix this?

thank you

Matteo

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90 and 1.24.0
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @matbb!

Can you please download the classic extension in the second Chrome profile too, so you have the same version in both of them?

Get the 1Password classic extension

• matbb
    matbb
    Community Member
    Options

thank you, didnt know there were different versions just checked that to make this post. most issues seam to be solved now. just waiting to see one more, that 1password keeps taking over auto fill function from chrome, which I want from chrome to fill addresses, but hopeful this new version will not do this. thank you!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @matbb! I am glad I could help :)

just waiting to see one more, that 1password keeps taking over auto fill function from chrome, which I want from chrome to fill addresses, but hopeful this new version will not do this.

The old classic extension that you just installed should not conflict with Chrome's suggestions. The new one can also be configured to do this, by the way, in case you would like to switch to the new extension some time in the future :+1:

This discussion has been closed.