Master Password not syncing between devices

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Master Password not syncing between devices.

Comments

• gmar0001
    gmar0001
    Community Member
    Options

I have been having this same problem for 1 Month now.
    I reinstalled 1Password on my MacBook pro, but it still wants the old password while my other devices use the new password.
    Not happy

• @gmar0001 Is this issue happening on the Mac device, or on a Windows PC?

• gmar0001
    gmar0001
    Community Member
    Options

Mac device. Big Sur 11.2.3
    Macbook Pro 2019

• Thanks so much for sharing! Based on your description, I wonder if this is coming down to a standalone (non-account) vault on your device. Standalone vaults have their own Master Password, and if they were added to the app before the account, the app would unlock with the Master Password of the standalone, instead of the account.

To confirm that, could you sign into your account at 1Password.com, and let me know if all your data appears there, or if any is missing?

• gmar0001
    gmar0001
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. I upgraded to a family account. So now I have multiple vaults. Private master, Then Family Private and Shared.
    I only use the Family

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@gmar0001:

Were you using 1Password on this device before you upgraded to a 1Password Families account? If so, your app might still be configured with your old information. If that's the case, you will have to reset it before you can add your new account to it:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

• gmar0001
    gmar0001
    Community Member
    Options

That worked. Thank you

• That's great, I'm glad you're back up and running! :smile: :+1:

This discussion has been closed.