When logging into some IOS apps, searching primary vault does not include all entries in vault

Superfandominatrix
Superfandominatrix
Community Member

There are some apps that, when attempting to log in, the 1Password integration with the iPhone keyboard autofill is returning a cut-down filtered list of all the possible logins in my primary vault. Because I'm unable to see all login entries in the vault (even if I search for the correct one, the a search returns no results) I have to exit the 3rd party app, go into 1Password and manually copy the password, go back to the 3rd party app to paste into the password field. There seems no way to "see all" in the keyboard integration. It's like 1Password is trying to reduce what it's allowing me to see through keyboard integrated auto fill, and not allowing any manual search option when the filtering is not working correctly. Here is a real world example.

• New log in entry made yesterday for a 3rd party medical provider (yay covid vaccination). 100% confirmed in the vault with user ID, password, and website URL reference.
  • Today I confirmed this log in entry visible in my 1Password desktop app
  • I download the mobile app for the medical provider.
  • Tap the user ID field in 3rd party medical app
  • Tap the IOS keyboard "Passwords" button.
  • Tap 1Password... option instead of Keychain
  • TouchID for 1Password
  • See search function for Primary vault with an alphabetical list of login entries that starts with entries beginning with the letter "A" and ending with "Z"
  • I search for 3rd party medical app login in entry name "lhs"
  • No results returned

I know that Dropbox syncing between desktop and mobile is working because after no results returned above, I follow the next procedure.

• exit 3rd party iOS app
  • open 1Password iOS app
  • search for "lhs", find correct entry
  • copy user ID
  • return to 3rd party IOS app
  • paste
  • return to 1Password
  • copy password
  • return to 3rd party IOS app
  • paste and log in.

I reviewed the entries beginning with the letter "L" between 1Password desktop application and 1Password iOS app, and the only problematic entry is this brand new "lhs" entry. It's like there is misfiring logic in the keyboard integrated autofill or perhaps caching delay between the 1Password iOS app and what is visible via keyboard integrated autofill.

Any way of fixing this to see all login entries in my vault?

1Password Version: iOS app 7.7.1
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: iOS 14.4.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Superfandominatrix!

If you see this login inside the 1Password app, but not in the Autofill extension, make sure that the Autofill extension has had time to refresh after you updated information in the main 1Password app. To do so, open 1Password on your iOS device and go to Settings > Password AutoFill, and wait until data has updated.

It might have simply been the case that the app updated after you added the item, but the autofill extension didn't yet.

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@ag_ana As suggested, I went to Settings > Password AutoFill and there was a "thing" showing on screen like a check mark or other indicators, and once I went into this menu, cleared near instantly. I can't tell you what I saw, as it blinked past too fast. This clearing action allowed for me to see the LHS login item via Auto-fill.

So I created the user ID via the desktop 1Password app and a desktop browser like 24 hours beforehand.

Is there a setting that forces the iOS app Autofill extension to refresh more frequently? I'd have thought 12-24 hours to be enough time but apparently it's not.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Superfandominatrix:

As suggested, I went to Settings > Password AutoFill and there was a "thing" showing on screen like a check mark or other indicators, and once I went into this menu, cleared near instantly. I can't tell you what I saw, as it blinked past too fast.

That was the right notification ;)

Is there a setting that forces the iOS app Autofill extension to refresh more frequently? I'd have thought 12-24 hours to be enough time but apparently it's not.

I am not aware of a way to do this more often automatically, it should happen by itself when you open the main 1Password app. If it doesn't, I know about the trick of going into the Preferences and force an update of the list ;)

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thanks, I'll remember this trick. I have had this issue before, just haven't raised an inquiry about it until now.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @Superfandominatrix :+1: And you are welcome, I am glad I could help.

This discussion has been closed.