No Longer Autofilling 2FA

A version or two back, if you had a site that asked for normal un/pw and then on postback, it asked for 2FA code, 1password would autofill it. Now it doesn't seem to be working anymore. It seems to work if the 2FA code is asked for on the same page, but when it is sort of the next screen, it isn't populating anymore.

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: 1.25.2
OS Version: Chrome 89.0.4389.114
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rbaugh!

I have just tested this and it is still working for me. What website is this happening with?

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member

Almost every WP website that I work on. Those are the most frequented for me, but not sure if there are others I just haven't come across yet.

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member

I tried a vendor site and it worked, but the Wordfence plugin that the 2FA is tied to isn't being populated anymore.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rbaugh:

the Wordfence plugin that the 2FA is tied to isn't being populated anymore.

Can you share a direct URL to this, so we can test it here too? Thank you!

• rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member

I can share a screenshot of the html element, but without providing you a login, I can't share a url since it is a second step in the login.

The wfls-token is the field that 1pass was populating before. On this site, I removed the existing 2FA/OTP field in this login and re-added to see if that would change anything and it didn't.

• ag_chantelle
    edited April 2021

@rbaugh

If you edit the login item for Wordfence and change the label for the 2FA/OTP field to wfls-token (case sensitive), does that improve your filling experience?

I'd also like to ask our developers to take a look at the page details to see if we can improve the way 1Password behaves here. Would you be able to collect some page details and share with us?

1. Navigate to the token page.
    2. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    3. Click Help and choose Collect Page Structure.
    4. 1Password will save a .json file to your downloads folder.
    5. Send the downloaded .json file to support@1password.com and link the current discussion.
  • rbaugh
    rbaugh
    Community Member

Changing the label to the input element ID did work. Not sure if Wordfence changed their input names recently or not. The UI for adding the OTP isn't at a login screen and looking at the url for the OTP it doesn't have any reference to match to this field.

Email sent

• @rbaugh

Great! I'm glad to hear updating the field title got things in working order for you there.

In the meantime, I've shared the page details with our development team. Hopefully we'll see some positive changes in a future release.

ref: dev/core/core#6788

This discussion has been closed.