Chrome extension disabled after each 1P update

Options
jneese
jneese
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi,
I use 1Password.eu and a Mac with Chrome as browser.

Every single time when there is an update to 1P (and the corresponding google chrome browser extension) the browser extension does not work any more. If I click the extension icon in the Chrome bar on the top right, a strange menu is displayed instead of the usual 1P dialog (see attached pic). This is very annoying. How can I re-activate the Chrome extension immediately after an update, and why is this process so tedious?

Thanks!
Jochen!
(https://us.v-cdn.net/5020219/uploads/editor/ll/vrmbhzmd3nm3.png "")

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: ?? (where do I see this)
OS Version: Big Sur 11.2
Sync Type: via 1Password.eu

Comments

• @jneese

Whenever 1Password updates it needs to re-establish native messaging between the app and Chrome. In this case, quitting Chrome and restarting it should do the trick for you.

• jneese
    jneese
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I thought reinstalling the extension would be even more "cleaning" than restarting the browser. But the latter did it, thanks again. But: It would be a good idea to include this in the instructions on how to update 1P.

• @jneese

Great! I'm glad to hear that managed to clear things up for you. Thank you for the feedback, I'll be sure to pass it along to the team.
    Feel free to let us know if you have any other issues. I do hope you'll have smooth sailing from here on, though! :)

This discussion has been closed.