3rd party integration message

Options
dneuland
dneuland
Community Member

I've been getting a message more or less whenever I log in to my Mac (both an iMac Pro and a MacBook Pro) that I "need to enable 3rd party app integration in 1Password" (paraphrasing) for a couple of versions of the Mac OS now, even though those integrations have been turned on the entire time. Not show-stopping, as no functionality has been compromised, but pretty annoying after a couple of years now.

Anyone know why I might be getting this message, or how I can stop it from happening?

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: 7.8
OS Version: 11.2.3
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:3rd party integration message

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dneuland!

When you say that the integration is enabled, do you mean under 1Password Preferences > Advanced tab?

• dneuland
    dneuland
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I do, right where the message tells me to check.

• @dneuland

What 3rd party app are you using that needs access? Perhaps the app in question has not been updated, and it's unable to determine the setting is enabled.

• dneuland
    dneuland
    Community Member
    Options

Finally got the message again and remembered to screenshot it (attached). The message being thrown up about "3rd party integration" is LaunchBar.
    And as I mentioned, 3rd party integration IS turned on.
    Since it is a different app that is apparently throwing up the message, I don't know if you folks can do anything about it. And it's not more that mildly annoying, since I only have to give the message a click and there seems to be no other issues that result. But at least you can be aware of it. I'm using the latest versions of both LaunchBar (6.1.4) and 1Password (7.8).

• rudy
    Options

@dneuland,

You may want to update LaunchBar, the version you have isn't compatible with 1Password 7.8. You'll want to move forward to at least 6.9.6 per: https://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/releasenotes.html

• dneuland
    dneuland
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, just checked again and I had misread that. I have LaunchBar 6.14.1.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dneuland:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.