Feature Request: Lowercase Passwords

colmanbyrne
colmanbyrne
Community Member
any chance the password generator function could be modified to add the ability to allow or not allow capitol letters ,
I have some sites which very annoyingly dont allow caps but require a password change every 30 days and using the password generator for this would be a great help

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback, colmanbyrne. I've never seen a site that requires all lowercase characters in a password. At the worst, they will just ignore the case so that typing "MyPassWORD" is the same as "mypassword". Many sites require mixed case which is what the generator currently provides.

Do you have an example of a site that will refuse to accept a mixed case password? I'm curious to see one in the wild.

Cheers,
  • butakimchee
    butakimchee
    Community Member
    OP's post: "[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] to allow or not allow"[/font]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would love it if the random password generator Pronounceable feature could have a toggle for include 'x' amount of capital letters. What is the best way to submit a RFE?[/font]
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the feedback, butakimchee! I'm still not sure that it would be of any practical use since I have never seen such a requirement in the wild, but I'll pass your request along to the developers for consideration. :)

Enjoy your week!
This discussion has been closed.