The 'Duplicate Password' flag.

Options

There is a thread here about making it easier to merge entries to reduce the number of 'Duplicate Password' notifications. I would suggest a different solution - add a 'yes, I know' button, so that these entries are not notified again.

There are several circumstances where duplicate passwords are not only ok, but necessary.
All email servers I use require that the webmail password and the IMAP password are the same. Having about seven email addresses to monitor that's 14 unnecessary warnings.
I also use several services that are linked by Active Directory and therefore have the same password. When I'm not working from and AD linked host the single sign-on service does not work and so I have to log in to each one individually. More duplicate passwords.
When accessing several virtual machines on a common host, sharing the same home directory, having a different password for each virtual host is sensible and not a security issue as they are not accessible from outside of the local network. If the virtual host is via Docker the passwd file may even be based on the host passwd file.

Having a 'yes I know' button would reduce the number of false warnings and make notification of the remaining ones useful rather than something to be ignored.

There should be an 'Other' option in the Category list.

Thanks,
David

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Duplicate passwords

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021
    Options

would suggest a different solution - add a 'yes, I know' button, so that these entries are not notified again.

There should be an 'Other' option in the Category list.

Thank you for both suggestions @david.ledger! I have passed both to the developers for consideration :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#21

This discussion has been closed.