Cannot sync iPhone with MacBook via WLAN

nefuchs
nefuchs
Community Member

I cannot – as before – sync iPhone XS Max (iOS 14.4.2, 1Password 7.7.2) with MacBook Pro (macOS 10.15.7, 1Password 7.8) via WLAN.

Both devices are connected to the same WiFi network.

WLAN server on MacBook is set up.

"Sync with WLAN server" selected on iPhone, but clicking on "Refresh List" on the iPhone does not give any reaction.

Restarting both devices did not help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Cannot sync via WLAN

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nefuchs!

Can you please try the troubleshooting suggestions in this article and see if they help?

If you’re having trouble using the WLAN server

• nefuchs
    nefuchs
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana.

I tried all your suggestions and even an alternative WiFi, but do no avail. On my iPhone I do not get any reaction clicking on "Refresh List", i.e. I do not see the WLAN server of my MacBook.

• nefuchs
    nefuchs
    Community Member

For your information: I have the paid version of 1Password that I bought on 30 May 2018 (order: 1PA180530-3880-54899). Lately I have been using the version 7.8 that worked perfectly, particularly the synchronisation between my MacBook and my iPhone via WLAN did not cause any problems.

The problems started a couple of days ago when 1Password 7.8 informed me that the update to version 7.8.1 was available. I installed the update and noticed immediately that something was not correct: I ended up with the subscription version of 1Password.

I ask you: How was it possible that I got the wrong update?

To recover, I inactivated the wrong version 7.8.1 by compressing it and restored 1Password 7.8 from the Time Machine backup. This is when my problems began. First, as I wrote already, I can no longer synchronise with my iPhone over WLAN. Second, the link to Safari is broken, concretely the 1Password extension does no longer work, I can no longer open a webpage from the link in 1Password, and the 1Password inline menu in Safari does no longer work.

Currently, 1Password is not really usable any more for me.

Please advise immediately how to proceed.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021

@nefuchs

I ask you: How was it possible that I got the wrong update?

Did you update from the Mac App Store? That version is not compatible with our licenses.

If so, How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store should prove useful.

• nefuchs
    nefuchs
    Community Member

No, I did not. It was 1Password itself that informed me of the update, and I clicked on "install".

• nefuchs
    nefuchs
    Community Member

Hi ag_tommy

Thanks.

Though I did not update from the Mac App Store, I nevertheless followed the instructions in

"How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store"

This way I installed a fresh copy of 1Password 7.8.1 that solves all problems with the sole exception that I cannot synchronise my MacBook and my iPhone. As before both devices are in the same WiFi and the WLAN server on my MacBook is activated. When I select on my iPhone "Sync with WLAN server" I get to "Refresh List" that does not react.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@nefuchs:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• nefuchs
    nefuchs
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana

Thank you very much for your helpful suggestion.

However, in the meantime I decided to switch to a 1Password Membership in order to eliminate the synchronisation problem once and for all.

Thanking you and ag_tommy again for your support.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @nefuchs, thank you for the update! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.