setting up more than one 2fa

Options
kram5819
kram5819
Community Member

Is it possible to scan a QR code for a couple of other 2fa accounts like aegis ? I currently only use authy. But if ever they had an issue I wouldn't get my codes I'd like to be able to add another as a back up.

I don't want to have to disconnect it and res can all the 2 fa codes.

Is it possible to keep the current setup I have and just add another two-step authentication by scanning a code or will I have to disconnect authy and start over?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@kram5819 As far as your 1Password account is concerned, there's no option to add a second authenticator app. So you need to delete your existing 2FA token from Authy, go to the following page and click Replace next to Authenicator App. You can scan the new QR code with Authy and Aegis, print a copy to save with your Emergency Kit and/or save the manual entry secret somewhere safe.

https://my.1password.com/profile/2fa

Some other services/websites do allow you to register more than one authenicator app, but most don't. So its probably simplest to start over.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

I didn't think I was able to thank you very much missingbits

I've been using authy for 2 years now I've never had one problem, so I'm just going to leave it be.

Worst case scenario, I'll have to email 1 password and have them turn off 2fa, or I could turn it off from my mobile device I'm always able to get in that way, and it never asked for the 2fa codes on my laptop anymore because my laptop & my cell phone are already verified.

I'm also aware that one password offers their version of 2fa, but I'm so happy and familiar with authy I'm not going to change it.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021
    Options

@kram5819

Understood. We'll be here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.