Feature request: Menu option for custom templates

masons
masons
Community Member

Hello,

In our current password management application, we make extensive use of custom templates. 1Password has a custom template feature, but the custom templates don't support all the features of the standard templates. In your standard templates you provide a menu option - we'd like to see the menu option available in the custom templates. Giving our admins the ability to create custom templates, with a standard set of menu options, would ensure that users who use the custom template always choose from the available options, rather than entering arbitrary text or not understanding which options they can choose from.

I tried working around the issue by duplicating a standard template that has a menu (the database template), but that effectively breaks the custom template because I then see a blank drop down in the custom template.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @masons,

First, thanks for taking the time to share your helpful feedback regarding the custom templates feature. As you might be aware, this feature is still in beta, though our team is always looking to improve things.

My understanding is, when you say that you would like the menu option when creating custom templates, you're referring to the type of dropdown menu functionality found in the default Database item:

Let me know if I'm incorrect here. Otherwise, I'll be happy to get this filed in our internal development database for future consideration.

• nwin
    nwin
    Community Member

hey @ag_max that would be a useful feature, another thing would be able to make certain fields required / mandatory

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the suggestion @nwin :+1:

• masons
    masons
    Community Member

Sorry for the delayed response @ag_max. Yes you're correct, I'm looking for the ability to populate the drop down list with my own items, when using the custom template. Just to flesh out the feature request a bit, I'll give you an example from the really excellent KeePass plugin that we have been using (it's called "Entry Templates for KeePass", written by Mitch Capper).

• No problem and thanks for the confirmation, @masons

I've gone ahead and filed your request to our internal database for further consideration and tracking. Thanks also for sharing that helpful example.

ref: internal/business-roadmap#142

This discussion has been closed.