Feature request >> unlock vault with pin or password.

kram5819
kram5819
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Android

I wonder if 1password will have a feature that enables you to unlock your vault with the option of using pin number or your password?
Bitwarden has that option and I like it because my master password is very long, and I have a 6 digit pin that is easier to remember.

Comments

• Hi @kram5819. 1Password does indeed allow you to unlock with a PIN code or your Master Password. I'd recommend enabling Fingerprint Unlock instead of PIN unlock, though, as it's easier to use.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

Peri I suppose it's my fault for not making myself a bit more clear

I'm talking about on my Chromebook not my mobile device.

When I log into my account from my Chromebook which is like a laptop I have to put in the password there's no option to put a PIN number

I don't have Biometrics on my Chromebook

• Hi @kram5819. Are you referring to the 1Password for Android app on Chrome OS, or are you using 1Password in your browser on that device? That is, are you clicking the icon in your browser toolbar, or are you opening the 1Password app on the Chromebook?

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Perii,
    I have a Chromebook,

I use the extension log into my 1password

you must put in your password

it would be nice if you could click a button and put a 6,8 or 10 -Digit pin instead of the password

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@kram5819:

Thank you for the suggestion! As I wrote to you in your other discussion here, I have let our developers know that you would like to see this :+1:

This discussion has been closed.