1Password crashes as soon as it's opened

Hi,
Suddenly when I start 1password (by clicking the icon in system tray) I momentarily see an outline of the 1Password and then it closes, removing the 1Password icon when I hover over it.
I've tried uninstalling 1Password, removing the %appdata%\Local\1Password folder, rreinstalling but the problem remains.
Any tips?

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

Hi @ctaatgen !

Are you using a 3rd-party antivirus software which could be responsible for shutting down 1Password? If so please whitelist the installation folder if possible. Maybe this could help here.

• Hey there @ctaatgen , welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉

I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password - let's get things back up and running. As @DenalB mentioned, it's possible that an antivirus software installed on your device is preventing 1Password from updating properly, and causing the freezing/crashing issue you're experiencing.

I'd like to work on this in a little bit more depth with you - since this is a public forum, let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me a message at support+windows@1password.com? Please include my name (Dayton) in the subject line.

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.