"tag:" not working for items without tags?

Options

I know I've used it before and it worked, but now it doesn't seem to want to. How can I list all items without tags? This is on Windows 10 using the browser add-on for Firefox.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.0
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey there @TomCunningham , welcome to the 1Password Support Community! 🎉

Thanks so much for writing in. :smile: This function should still be working, and I was able to get it working on my own device. Could you confirm that you are typing tag: into the search bar of the 1Password for Windows desktop app? Note, this function does not work in 1Password in the browser.

• TomCunningham
    TomCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, I was using the browser add-on. It works fine in the desktop app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the confirmation @TomCunningham! That would explain it :)

• mjones72
    mjones72
    Community Member
    edited April 2021
    Options

Came to the community to find out about just this issue. Posting a follow up here since I didn't necessarily want to start a new thread (but I can if needed).

I've turned out to be probably a very heavy user of tags, as when I imported my 600+ random accounts from over the years from LastPass, all the folders there became tags here. But now, it feels like tags are a bit of a second-class citizen, and I'd love to see improvement in this area.

A few thoughts from someone new here like me that came with 'tags' in tow:
    1. Can only search for no tags in the desktop... well, I can install extensions say on my work laptop where that is not managed (for whatever reason), but I can't install a desktop app. Ideally, there would be parity everywhere, but if the plugin can't do it at least make it work on the website as well? Not ideal to have to install the desktop client for one feature. Or in the web interface just make a 'nottag' tag where everything goes where 'tag' = null and pin it to the top of the tags section. I have more than one computer at home and I don't want the overhead of having the desktop app installed everywhere. I've run LastPass for like 10 years and have NEVER installed the desktop app.
    2. Why can't I add a tag at the time of creation? Maybe not everyone would want it, but then maybe an 'advanced' function to drop down with other options if you felt like you didn't want to complicate the add screen (lastpass did something similar, though the 'folder' option I think was always available on the main creation screen).
    3. If you really want to get crazy, let me multi-select items and bulk edit the tags... :chuffed: but honestly, I'd just take #1 and #2 :) But right now I couldn't get rid of tags even if I wanted too.

With 600 accounts, it's impossible to remember everything I might be looking for. Tags (folders in old way on LastPass) were invaluable in helping me find sites or review and delete old ones, etc.

Thanks!

• TomCunningham
    TomCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

I like the idea of adding it to the plugin. :) I like even more the ability to add tags at creation.

• Dayton_ag
    edited April 2021
    Options

Hey there @mjones72, thanks so much for sharing your feedback! I agree with you, I think for those that make fuller use of tags, having the option to search for untagged items will be useful, especially for that feature to be available in more places than just the desktop app. I can't make any promises for future changes to 1Password, but I have filed an internal issue with this feedback and passed it along to the Development team for their consideration.

Why can't I add a tag at the time of creation?

I actually have good news on that front - with the most-recent beta version of 1Password in your browser (1.25.3), you can now tag an item as you're creating it! You can download the beta version here:

Use 1Password Beta Releases - Browser

let me multi-select items and bulk edit the tags

This is supported within the 1Password desktop app for Windows PC - you can multi-select items and "drag" them on top of a tag to apply it, as well as rename the tag which is applied en masse. I have included this (bringing this feature to 1Password.com) in the internal issue I mentioned above. :smile:

ref: /dev/projects/customer-feature-requests/#651

• TomCunningham
    TomCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

I'm getting a 404 on the beta link above.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TomCunningham:

I have fixed the link to the browser beta releases in Dayton's post, can you please try again now and see if it works for you?

• TomCunningham
    TomCunningham
    Community Member
    Options

Works now!

• Whoops! Thanks for the help there, @ag_ana! :sweat:

This discussion has been closed.