Getting Blank Page in the Password Generator in either Firefox or Edge (Chromium)

Options

Hi all. I'm seeing a blank page in 1password password generator after pressing the plus icon. Specifically, I set the words to 2 (below the minimum the slider allows by changing text directly), and then switching from Pass Phrase to (I believe it was) the option for symbols and numbers. After selecting that, the password generator is blank even if i go back into it. This happens if i repeat the steps in Edge too, so seems non-browser specific.
I can't work a way around this now as I cant change the options on the page, presumbably without a full reinstall of the addon.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.24.1
OS Version: Windows 10 20H2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @flarestarwingz ,
    Thanks for reporting this.

We've already released a fix in our latest beta for this issue, so then ext update to the stable version will no longer experience this.
    For now, there's no way that I can think of to go around it without re-installing the extension, so why don't you just install the beta version while you're at it and enjoy the fix? :)

• flarestarwingz
    flarestarwingz
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks; i've installed the latest beta and dont get the blank screen! However, i can no longer select to use less than 3 words, so sadly a bit of loss of functionality there :-(

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad to hear it @flarestarwingz .

Using a password that contains less than 3 words is not secure enough for us to offer it. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.