Keyboard not showing when attempting to change password on iOS app

faresg
faresg
Community Member

I am unable to see the keyboard or make any edits to password in the iOS app. Pls help

1Password Version: 7.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 14.4.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:keyboard not showing in ios

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @faresg!

Can you tell us exactly where in the iOS app you are at the moment, so we can test it? Thank you!

• faresg
    faresg
    Community Member

I am in "Edit" and selected the "Password" field. Keyboard area is blank

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@faresg:

Can you please post a screenshot of this?

• faresg
    faresg
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

attached...Keyboard won't roll up. Password field is selected

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@faresg:

Is this happening with every field in the app, or specifically with the password field? Have you also tried quitting the app completely, and relaunching it?

• faresg
    faresg
    Community Member

No only in the password field. Yes I have tried quitting and restarting several times.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@faresg:

My understanding is that the keyboard is handled by iOS, so I don't think 1Password has control over that behavior. Can you try rebooting your iOS device once for confirmation, and see if the same thing keeps happening?

• pstq
    pstq
    Community Member

I have the same issue. It happens if I generate a "Memorable" password, then try to edit it to add some uppercase and numbers to suit a website's password requirements. If I save the entry, then edit, then reveal password, then tap on the password field, sometimes the keyboard comes up, sometimes it doesn't.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pstq:

I tried to follow your instructions and so far I was not able to reproduce this. It does seem to be related to how iOS manages the keyboard however.

• pstq
    pstq
    Community Member

I've never seen it happen in any other app though. This is an iPhone 7 running iOS 15.0.2.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I am using the same configuration @pstq. I will keep an eye out for this and see if I can reproduce it :+1:

This discussion has been closed.