App Store update fails with "failed integrity validation"

Options
boojum
boojum
Community Member
edited April 2021 in Mac

Guys,
I keep getting failures to update 1Password.app from the App Store.
This is the relevant line in the install.log file:

installd[982]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=123 "The update was canceled because the application integrity could not be verified." UserInfo={NSURL=file:///var/folders/ny/kfy4_75n41q8plvr89nwgvrr0000gn/C/com.apple.appstoreagent/com.apple.appstore/6E047192-AFF3-4815-AFC2-6005EA548EA6/mzps17137136911398196596.pkg#com.agilebits.onepassword7.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.agilebits.onepassword7, NSLocalizedDescription=The update was canceled because the application integrity could not be verified.}

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!
Michael

1Password Version: 7.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: 1Password.com
Referrer: forum-search:signature validation failed

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @boojum!

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• boojum
    boojum
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot!
    I opened [#JLV-94191-879] per your request. Seems like it was some temporary problem with the app at the store.
    I was recommended to install the non-App Store version and in the meantime the problem just got away on its own... :)
    But thank you anyway for the very quick and thorough response!
    Michael.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @boojum! I am glad to hear that everything is again working as expected :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.