1Password 7 won't open on my Mac. I get message "The application is not open anymore"

Options
ninafrano
ninafrano
Community Member

Dear team,

1Password 7 won't open on my Mac. I get message "The application is not open anymore"

Please help.

Thank you,
Nina

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 won't open on my Mac. I get message "The application is not open anymore"

Comments

• @ninafrano

Try giving your Mac a restart that should help. 🙂

This seems to be an issue, more so with macOS in general from what I have read and after discussing it with other users. A restart of your Mac will often help. It seems to happen when an app runs out of available memory, possibly due to macOS rationing resources. If you have any high memory usage apps running, you might consider shutting some of them off if the problem continues. From all indications I have seen, this is not a specific issue with 1Password and affects a wide variety of apps.

There is a discussion about this in the Apple Support Communities though it is a bit dated (several years). https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7465484

I would also suggest contacting Apple directly if you continue to have trouble. Perhaps they will have a better solution for you.

This discussion has been closed.