Is there a way to show the categories info in the item being shown?

tomtsui
tomtsui
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password 7 for Windows

When I am doing a search for an entry or some entries I don't know where I put them, the result only show the entries it found in my vault.
However, there is no information about in which categories the entries are stored.
Is there a way to show the categories info in the item being shown?
This is useful in case I want to relocate the item to another category.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tomtsui!

This is useful in case I want to relocate the item to another category.

Unfortunately this is not possible: once you enter an item in a category, it cannot be moved to another one. The only exception is converting a Password item to a Login item, but in the search results it should be simple to understand whether an item is a Login or a Password item (Password items have a different default icon, and have no usernames).

• tomtsui
    tomtsui
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Ok, no hard feeling. 1Password not very user friendly this way.
    For example, I have my Library Card stored under Driver Licenses, which I believe I duplicated from my Driver License item before.
    So even I think it would be more appropriate to put the Library Card under Identities, under current circumstances I can only create a new item for the card under Identifies. That's fine.
    BTW, why Driver Licenses worth a category of its own? I only have one. Just wonder how many you have ? Just curious.
    Anyway, thanks very much.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@tomtsui:

BTW, why Driver Licenses worth a category of its own? I only have one. Just wonder how many you have ? Just curious.

I think it's useful if you want to store driver license information from other family members, for example. Or also if you want to keep information from expired driver licenses around for your own reference.

So even I think it would be more appropriate to put the Library Card under Identities, under current circumstances I can only create a new item for the card under Identifies. That's fine.

For library cards, you could also consider using a Membership item. But using an Identity item has the advantage that you can actually fill those information on websites, so depending on how you need to use it, it might be a better fit for you.

• tomtsui
    tomtsui
    Community Member

Probably simply calling the category Licenses would be more versatile.
    Thanks anyway

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the feedback @tomtsui! I have also passed your feedback to the developers to let them know that you would like a way to move items between categories :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#137

• tomtsui
    tomtsui
    Community Member

Thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.