Item not staying open when using in iOS; goes back to previous category

mookien
mookien
Community Member

When I use 1Password (v 7.7.2) on my iPhone (v 14.4.2) it doesn't stay on the open item that I'm using to log in to an app/website. I toggle between 1Password and the app/website and when I toggle back to 1Password (to copy the password or similar action), 1Password reverts back to the previous level (root level of Category or Tag). I then have to navigate back to the relevant entry. Is there a way to keep the item open when toggling between 1Password and the app/website? Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.2.2 (1P on iOS)
Extension Version: 1.24.1 (Windows 10 64-bit)
OS Version: 14.4.2 (iOS)
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mookien!

I have just tested this in my 1Password for iOS app, and when switching back to 1Password, I still had the same item open there. Perhaps there is a way to avoid this in the first place though: is there a reason why you are manually copy pasting credentials when you need to login? On iOS you could use the autofill feature to make logging in much quicker (and this would not require switching back and forth).

Use 1Password to fill and save on your iPhone and iPad

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

It's not always a simple website or app login. I use 1Password to add/update email accounts on my phone and this is not something always recognized by 1Password so I need to copy/paste from the 1Password app. I also on occasion need to copy/paste server credentials, etc. This mainly happens when I'm in the Categories or Tags view when looking for an entry. This doesn't happen when in the Favorites view on iOS. Any solution to the issue would be appreciated. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mookien:

Are you able to reproduce this on demand, 100% of the time? If you are, and you could post the list of steps that make this happen, we can certainly test those instructions and see if we reproduce this behavior here too :+1:

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Sure. This is how I do it on my iPhone (11 Pro, iOS 14.4.2):

• Click on 1Password app > login to 1Password (via Face ID)
    • Click on Tags section at the bottom of the app
    • Scroll through and click on relevant Tag folder
    • Click on relevant entry
    • Click on user name > select Copy
    • Navigate to the target app/website (I do this by swiping up and to the right to select the relevant app or website window)
    • Paste user name in the app/website's user name field
    • Navigate back to the 1Password app to copy password (use the same swipe action to get back to the 1Password app) - NOTE: This is where the 1Password app goes back to the root level; in this instance it's the Tag screen
    • Navigate back to the relevant entry in 1Password (Tags section) to copy the password
    • Navigate to the target app/website to paste the password and login

This also happens when I'm in the Categories section. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mookien:

Thank you for the instructions!

Navigate back to the 1Password app to copy password (use the same swipe action to get back to the 1Password app) - NOTE: This is where the 1Password app goes back to the root level; in this instance it's the Tag screen

When I do this, I confirm that my 1Password app remains in the same window it was in before switching apps. Not only that, 1Password at that point also shows me a message that says that the password has been automatically copied to the clipboard, so I only have to switch to the other app once again.

Out of curiosity, have you tried rebooting this iOS device once already?

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

I should mention that I have two accounts loaded on my 1Password app (business account and family account). I think this is the reason why I'm seeing the above behavior. I just tried to replicate the issue on another iPhone with 1Password installed but only one account and it stays on the item screen. I tried with an iPad with the 1Password app and two accounts loaded and it behaves like on my iPhone. So, I think this may be an issue with having more than one account loaded on the app. I do need both accounts loaded on my 1P app so deleting one really isn't a viable solution so it would be ideal if this could be addressed for those who have more than one account loaded on their app. That is, if this is in fact the issue. Thanks.

Also, I did reboot and no change. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mookien:

Thank you for the additional information! I have reached out to the rest of the team to see if someone else is able to reproduce this :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@mookien:

If you open the 1Password app and to go Settings > Vaults, what is the Always open to option currently set to?

• mookien
    mookien
    Community Member

Thanks. Always open to is set to Last Used Vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021

Indeed, it opens to the vault view, displaying all categories available there.

This discussion has been closed.