Ignore PINs in Watchtower

felixoi
felixoi
Community Member

Hey there!

Is there a way to ignore PIN-passwords for watchtower?
Sometimes you are forced to use PINs and I'd like to ignore them in Watchtower like I can ignore
the Two-Factor-Warning with the 2fa tag.
My PINs are normally classified as weak passwords and also as sensitive passwords.

Thanks,
felixoi

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021

Hi @felixoi!

At the moment it's not possible to ignore specific items such as PINs, but I have let the developers know that you would find this useful :+1:

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#130

• vadimm
    vadimm
    Community Member

+1
    would be nice to have this feature. For those who keep an eye on their Watchtower reports.

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

I agree I think I would be a great idea.

I like using authy I think is a little more safe for at least for me
    and the Watchtower thinks that I don't have any websites that are using 2fa

It would be nice to somehow address that so that it doesn't look like I'm not using it when I am.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @kram5819, noted :+1:

• felixoi
    felixoi
    Community Member

@kram5919 you can ignore it for 2FA! Give these passwords the tag "2fa".
    There is just no similar option for PINs that's what this thread is about :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's right @felixoi, if 2FA warnings are the only ones to be hidden, there is an alternative at the moment using the 2fa tag. Thank you for the reminder!

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

So please implement #pin!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2021

:+1: :)

• iangoos
    iangoos
    Community Member

👍🏻 same. Tags or maybe a toggle switch like ignore this entry. A bit frustrating when it's 1Password that made most of my PINs.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• rmanly
    rmanly
    Community Member
    edited June 2021

According to these threads in 2019 items with 6 digit or fewer passwords and no websites should be excluded from watchtower. But that is not the behavior I am seeing and it appears from some of the replies by 1Password folks that this is no longer the case?

https://1password.community/discussion/100108/watchtower-6-digit-pin-not-being-excluded
    https://1password.community/discussion/92063/weak-password-for-pin-code

I have roughly 20 Password items for suitcases, garage doors, atm cards, voicemail pins, and iOS apps that all appear as weak passwords.

So should Watchtower be flagging these as weak or not?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@rmanly:

What version of the 1Password app are you currently using, and on what operating system?

• bswilson00
    bswilson00
    Community Member
    edited September 2021

+1 for this! As an alternative, perhaps 1Password could offer a category named "PIN Codes" that could be ignored? As the OP stated, many times with accounts a PIN must be created and I love saving them in 1Password. However, I hate that Watchtower constantly reminds me that they are "weak".

A good example of this is my Library Card. I store the unique number that belongs to me, but I must also have a PIN number that goes with it, to check out a book. The PIN must be exactly 4 digits. Watchtower is always going to tell me that it's weak. I KNOW! Nothing I can do about it...

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member

I was referencing PIN numbers to be used when you log into your one password account that's what I'm hoping they can implement that way I don't have to type in a 35 character master password I can have the option for a six or 10 digit PIN instead

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@bswilson00:

I have sent your example to the developers, thank you for the feedback!

• bswilson00
    bswilson00
    Community Member

@ag_ana Thank you! I absolutely love this product and continue to be excited by new features and functionality.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the kind words @bswilson00! They mean a lot :)

• rmanly
    rmanly
    Community Member

Doing a review of Watchtower today and updating 2FA credentials on various sites that now offer them and was reminded that there is still no solution for required PINs.

Nudging this for visibility.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @rmanly, noted :+1:

This discussion has been closed.