Master Password not recognised by Windows App

Setup my wife as a family member. Master password stopped working, so we thought she had the wrong one.

Went through the password reset process (https://support.1password.com/recovery/). She can now sign in to 1password.com, and the Chrome Browser extension, so the new password is working, but not on the Windows App. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and rebooted Windows but still cannot get the master password to work.

Can you recommend any other methods we could use to get the Windows App to accept the new master password.
(we are now convinced that she had the correct password all along, so the problem may not be as a result of resetting the master password).

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10
Sync Type: direct to 1Password vaults

Comments

• Hey there @DigitalSafaris, I'm really sorry you're running into this issue with 1Password - let's get things back up and running. Let's continue this conversation over email. Could you send me a message at support+windows@1password.com?

After you email in, you should receive a Conversation ID that looks like this: [#ABC-12345-678]. Please paste that here, and I'll use it to track your email down from my end.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting this sorted for you! :smile:

• DigitalSafaris
    DigitalSafaris
    Community Member

Offline support showed me how to reset the data for the 1password for windows App, and we are now logged in an working. Thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for the update @DigitalSafaris! I am glad to hear that everything is up and running again :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• michaJ
    michaJ
    Community Member

Hey
    I have the exact same problem. I can log in on my iPhone and Mac but not in windows.
    I would be very grateful for help to reset the data. I'm afraid to mess it up on the other units

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@michaJ:

Here are the instructions for you :+1:

How to reset the 1Password app on a specific device

• michaJ
    michaJ
    Community Member

Thank you. I will try that

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good @michaJ, let us know how it goes!

• michaJ
    michaJ
    Community Member

success!
    thank you for your help.

• @michaJ That's great! On behalf of my colleage @ag_ana, you're very welcome. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.