How can I autofill a username and a password that are on two different pages

Options
Pierre999
Pierre999
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi everybody!

I am a member of a web site where the login username is filled on one URL, and the password on another URL.
Is there a way to autofill the username on one URL, then send the [ENTER] Command to go to the other URL where I would like to autofill the Password.

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 7.6.797
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Win 10 X64
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Pierre999!

1Password supports filling forms over multiple pages, but with the extension that you are using it will not autofill the password automatically, you need to use the keyboard shortcut to fill the password again (or click on the extension once again).

If you have a 1Password Membership however, and you would like to use the latest 1Password in the browser extension instead, it will able to automatically fill the password for you too once you get to the second page ;)

• Pierre999
    Pierre999
    Community Member
    Options

Dear Ana,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

I made a small but important mistake on my original request. Let me please rephrase:

I am actually using "1Password in the browser" extension for Chrome.

In order to fill in the web site credentials, I open the Chrome "1Password in the browser" extension, click, and the Password is autofilled.
    However, a "Submit" button is then displayed on the web site page, hiding the "Password" field from view: what is the proper way to program a shortcut that would automatically press the [ENTER] key in order for the "Password" field to be displayed? And would it then be possible for the 1Password extension automatically fill in the Password ?

In other words, I would like to avoid having to press [ENTER] then reclick on the 1Password extension every time.

Thank you :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Pierre999:

Thank you for the clarification!

what is the proper way to program a shortcut that would automatically press the [ENTER] key in order for the "Password" field to be displayed?

1Password does not click the Enter field automatically for security reasons, so I am afraid this part cannot be automated.

And would it then be possible for the 1Password extension automatically fill in the Password ?

I wonder if there might be something specific going on with this website, as 1Password in the browser does normally fill the password automatically for you, once you get to the password page. Can you share the full URL of this website, so we can test it?

• Pierre999
    Pierre999
    Community Member
    Options

Sure!

There it is (sorry, French version only!):

https://authentification-candidat.pole-emploi.fr/connexion/XUI/?realm=%2Findividu&goto=https%3A%2F%2Fauthentification-candidat.pole-emploi.fr

Indeed the Password does not fill in automatically from the 1Password extension after I have pressed [ENTER] and display the Password field...

Thank you again :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pierre999 !

I tried with the "1Password classic extension", and it doesn't work either. So, you are not able to automatically send an "ENTER" after filling in the username. The only thing that is working with the "1Password classic extension" is to send an "ENTER" after filling in the password. Sorry...

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Pierre999 ,
    I also tested this website with 1Password in the browser (not the classic extension), and it works like this for me:
    1. Load the page, then the username field shows up and 1Password automatically pops up in it.
    2. Autofill the username field with 1Password's help, then I pressed Enter on my keyboard.
    3. The password field showed up and was automatically autofilled by 1Password, so all I had to do was press Enter once more.

While not idle, this does work (autofilling wise) despite how the website was designed.

• Pierre999
    Pierre999
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you both for your reply! Actually I did not have the "1Password in the browser" extension installed, I just had the "classic" extension instead!
    I have just installed the "1Password in the browser" extension and it now works as described. This is more than sufficient for me, I guess pressing the [ENTER] key is not too time-consuming ;) .
    Cheers

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Pierre999!

Good to hear. Have fun! :+1:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you for the update @Pierre999, it's good to hear that the 1Password in the browser extension helped :)

This discussion has been closed.