Edge Browser on Android, Will AutoFill ever work like it does on Chrome?

axman53
axman53
Community Member

When using the Edge browser on Android, 1Password autofill does not work at all like it does on Chrome. Actually, I can't see that it works at all. Are there plans to make autofill work in Edge on Android? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @axman53 We're very sorry you're having trouble filling in the Edge browser. Since Edge does not support Autofill, you'll need to have Accessibility turned on. You can do so by going to the 1Password app > Settings > Autofill and enabling Accessibility.

• axman53
    axman53
    Community Member

When I do that, I am presented another screen with additional selections: Screen reader, Visibility enhancements, and the list goes on and on. I don't know what to do next. This is Android 10. What to do?

• axman53
    axman53
    Community Member
    edited April 2021

Found it! It's 1Password app > Settings > AutoFill > Accessibility > Installed Services. Once you have the list of installed services, tap 1Password and switch on, grant permission and you're done. Thanks!

• ag_audrey
    edited April 2021

@axman53, thank you for the update! When you enable both Autofill and Accessibility, you will be redirected to the Autofill settings in your Android device in order to turn on both Autofill and Accessibility with 1Password. Autofill settings in different devices will have different instruction paths, but I'm so glad to see that you were able to figure it out!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with :)

This discussion has been closed.