Randomly getting "We're having trouble logging into your account" message

raktan
raktan
Community Member

Long time user. Just upgraded to family plan. Now on iOS, I keep getting the following error randomly - "We're having trouble logging into your account. Please make sure your Secret Key and password are filled in correctly". Pretty much the same behavior as described in https://1password.community/discussion/comment/325298#Comment_325298.

I have "Require Master Password" set to None. I noticed this on my iPhoneX, iPad and with another family account on iPhone8.

Once I enter the password, things work for a few minutes. I tested that things do sync. So, I know I am being logged in. However, if I choose not to enter the master password, I am basically logged out of the account.

This is quite painful and a blocker right now for me. Is this a bug?

Rakesh

1Password Version: 7.7.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iPhoneX OS v14.4.2
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @raktan!

Have you perhaps changed the Secret Key for this account recently?

• raktan
    raktan
    Community Member

No. I just signed up for the family account yesterday and haven't changed the secret key.

Just checked again. The secret key on my phone is the same as on the 1Password account. Besides, I can sign in. It is just that it signs me out randomly.

Are there any logs/diagnostics I can provide that can help narrow this down?

thanks,
    Rakesh

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@raktan:

Yes, you can generate a diagnostics report from your iOS device and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• d4dog
    d4dog
    Community Member

I get the same error message as well, and the issue can be reproduced every time after I reinstall the app and make a first login.

I have been on an individual plan for about half year, 1password ios app worked perfectly before.

1Password Version: 7.7.2
    iPhone11 Pro OS 14.5

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you for letting us know @d4dog! Have you emailed us a report as well?

• zwaldowski
    zwaldowski
    Community Member

I’m having the same thing, neither my work or family accounts will stay signed-in on all my iOS devices. Just sent in a diagnostic and got back ticket NKT-85299-982.

As an aside, this is not the experience I wanted to have onboarding to a subscription. :(

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zwaldowski:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your diagnostics report in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: NKT-85299-982

• ec1
    ec1
    Community Member

Hi I have the exact same issue after just upgrading to the family account. Any ideas?

• Hi @ec1 - If you are seeing the same issue can you also send in a diagnostic report. Email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, and then we can have a closer look.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

• ec1
    ec1
    Community Member

TR-26292-824

• @ec1 : Can I double check that ticket number as the format isn't quite right. Thank you.

• ec1
    ec1
    Community Member

Apologies it's TRR-26292-824

• LauraR
    edited August 2021

Thank you - we have received the report and we will reply soon.

ref: #TRR-26292-824

• Bob Grace
    Bob Grace
    Community Member

I installed 1Password on a new iPhone yesterday and was getting the same "We're having trouble logging into your account. Please make sure your Secret Key and password are filled in correctly" message every time I opened 1Password. Then I force quit the app and reopened it and the message hasn't appeared since.

• @Bob Grace - If you continue to see this message please email us and we can help. Email us at support+forum@agilebits.com, and then we can have a closer look.

This discussion has been closed.