turning off 1pw as the default payment method filler is disabling the entire app

warhawkslt73
warhawkslt73
Community Member
edited April 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I noticed that Chrome wasn't able to autofill my saved credit cards from Google Pay recently. I used to be able to do this. When I went into chrome settings, it says that 1pw is managing this feature. When I disable 1pw from doing that, it disables the entire extension.

Repro steps:
1. go to any website that supports credit card fills in Chrome [Version 90.0.4430.85 (Official Build) (x86_64)]
2. when I click into the card number box, a 1pw option shows up (I have a single credit card stored there).
3. Since I want to have Chrome fill these in automatically from Google Pay, I open Chrome Prefrences and go to Payment Methods > Allow sites to check if you have payment methods saved > 1Password Beta – Password Manager is controlling this setting and click Disable.
4. This fixes the autofill issue, but then I notice that the 1pw icon on the Extensions bar is gone.
5. When I got to Chrome Preferences > Extensions, I see that 1pw has been fully disabled.
6. If I re-enable it, the setting under Payment Methods is now reset to where it was (with 1pw managing that and me not being able to use Google Pay as my autofill source).

As I'm writing this, I'm guessing that this may be a Chrome "feature", but I'm wondering if there's anyway that 1pw can still allow Google Pay to do the autofill specifically for payment methods. I lose my credit cards A LOT, and I have to upload the details to Google Pay in order to use it on my phone. Having to update it in two places is a hassle.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.25.4
OS Version: macOS 11.2.3
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @warhawkslt73!

As I'm writing this, I'm guessing that this may be a Chrome "feature", but I'm wondering if there's anyway that 1pw can still allow Google Pay to do the autofill specifically for payment methods. I lose my credit cards A LOT, and I have to upload the details to Google Pay in order to use it on my phone. Having to update it in two places is a hassle.

You can turn off the feature directly inside the 1Password browser extension instead:

So the extension will remain active, but you can choose what will be managed by Chrome.

• warhawkslt73
    warhawkslt73
    Community Member

Thanks! That fixed it.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are welcome @warhawkslt73! I am glad to hear this :) If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.