Fill Login keyboard shortcut not working correctly with Google Account

DavidB
DavidB
Community Member
edited April 2012 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
With 1P 3.8.19 (build 31419) and OS X 10.6.8, the Fill Login keyboard shortcut has suddenly stopped working properly with Google Accounts and Gmail. Command-Slash automatically logs me in with my gmail address, not giving me the choice of other possible logins. (Command-Control-Slash does show all of them though.) Other sites work fine. Also, I get the same results with Safari, Firefox and Chrome.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

David

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    David,

Can you double-check the URLs stored in each Login item? If they are completely identical, you should be prompted to choose which Login you would like to use. Otherwise, the one that matches the current URL will be used automatically.

Please let me know what you uncover.
  • DavidB
    DavidB
    Community Member
    edited May 2012
    khad wrote:

Can you double-check the URLs stored in each Login item? If they are completely identical, you should be prompted to choose which Login you would like to use. Otherwise, the one that matches the current URL will be used automatically.

Thank you for your reply--I appreciate your help. (I didn't see your message until today; even though I am following this topic I apparently wasn't notified that someone had posted.)

Not all the URLs were exactly the same, but I have been using this same setup for about a year. Also, the URL for the one login that was automatically chosen was different from all the others--and different from the address of the page I was on.

In any event, following your suggestion, I created a copy of one of the logins and put in the URL of the Gmail login page (not the Google Accounts login page). Now the login shortcut works fine.

I think the problem may have to do with the different ways you can log into your Google Account, although why this just started is a mystery to me.

As I say the login shortcut is working now so my immediate problem is solved.

David
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Glad that did the trick! Thanks for updating the thread to let me know. :D
This discussion has been closed.