Who sent me a lengthy notification showing breeched sites related to me

curtpusa
curtpusa
Community Member

Last night on my iPhone I received a lengthy list of web sites breeched that may have used my email &/or password. It was a little alarming because one of the sites was from a bank I use. It was suggested I go in and change passwords for those sites implicated & to also change the password for my main email which they indicated and been compromised. Which I did, using 1Password to make the changes for those I remembered. I had closed out that notification and when I went back to get it again it was nowhere to be found. Not in my Apple Messages or Apple Mail. My 1Password Watchtower shows no sites compromised. Did 1Password send this notice of breach to me? If so, how do I get access to that document/message again?

1Password Version: 7.8.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 11.3
Sync Type: iCloud I think
Referrer: forum-search:Breeched websites and password notification

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @curtpusa!

Watchtower does not send breach emails, you can only see the notifications inside the 1Password app, so this email you received probably came from somewhere else.

Not in my Apple Messages or Apple Mail.

Was it an email or a text message?

• curtpusa
    curtpusa
    Community Member

It came in as a Notification, I think. After I read it, I hit the Home button, assuming it was a text or email. When I went to bring it up again there was nothing in my mail or test messages related to that message. It is a mystery to me where it came from or where it went.

• ag_tommy
    edited April 2021

@curtpusa

iOS 14 checks passwords that you enter against a published list of compromised passwords that have been found in data leaks. Did you see something like this screenshot?

Link is to an Apple Support community. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251863281?answerId=253686681022#253686681022

This discussion has been closed.