Discovered the Wireless Routers category, any way to get it to autofill?

So in being a bit more thorough with security, I decided I should probably make my wifi passwords unique and change them from their ~10 year old variant :p

I was pleasantly surprised to see 1password distinguish/set its own category. The only gripe I have is the log in to the gateway itself. I have a randomly generated password and I'd love to be able to use that to log in ala the wireless router header. I understand this is tied to URL and as such I tried to create a label "website" and use the url from my gateway/ip login I currently have (and would love to remove to remove the redundancy) but it doesnt seem to recognize it as a url.

any way around this or to get the url feature implemented? I can entirely understand the wifi passwords being unable to function, but i'd think we could pair a url with it for the base station login.

mostly thinking aloud I suppose.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @klepp0906

Would creating a login work for that? That's how I have mine set up. My wireless router contains all of my configuration settings and so on, and the login is what I use to access the router login page.

• klepp0906
    klepp0906
    Community Member

yes, its what ive been using and it does work. Was just hoping to not have two entries for the same item so to speak. the way its looking, for now thats likely what i'll have to do.

• Yes, for now that would be desired approach. I can pass on your feedback to the team for future consideration.

This discussion has been closed.