The one time password camera is not working (again) & security keys.

bear67512
bear67512
Community Member

After the update of 1Password, the camera is not working again to scan the QR code. Help please? Also, can I ask is it possible to use a securirty key to login to 1Password instead of 2FA?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.8.1 (70801004)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @bear67512

It looks like you're using the Mac App Store version. You'll need to switch to the direct download from us.

How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the Mac App Store

You should be able to add a security key after setting up 2FA first.

• bear67512
    bear67512
    Community Member

@ag_tommy thank you for your reply. that download worked. but I could not find my 1password extension in safari. any ideas?

• @bear67512

That's odd. I have not had that described before when switching versions. However, we have had reports of needing to restart the Mac after the latest update, which you would have downloaded. Can you give that a try?

If it's inconvenient for a restart at this moment, you could also try the following.

1. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click (Option-click) on the helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    2. Quit Safari.
    3. Wait a few seconds and then open 1Password from the Dock or the Applications folder and unlock it before opening Safari.
  • @bear67512

Just a follow up the Mac does not support Security Keys. When needing to authorize you would need to use the 2FA code from your authenticator app.

This discussion has been closed.